Pestle & Mortar made from Himalayan Salt (for HOT and COLD dishes)
Our high quality Himalayan salt bowl is hand-carved by skilled workers at the base of the Himalayan Mountains. Formed with lovely natural colors, our salt bowls are ideal for making sauces, chocolates, ice creams, salads, dressings, cooking in and many more.
Serve chilled salads, use it as ice cream bowl, mix up herbs or even grind your nuts and herbs naturally in it.
Some other great ideas:
- Ideal as serving platters or nut bowls.
- Chill to temper chocolate.
- Freeze for 2hrs to serve ice cream on.
- Lightly cure sashimi or Carpaccio at the table on a cooled slab.
- Flambé halved bananas on a hot, buttered slab for 20 secs. Douse in grappa & light.
- Give your secret guacamole recipe an extra special treat by making it up with this gorgeous pink mortar and pestle.
It’s also a great tool for grinding up herbs, making pesto and crafting perfectly-seasoned rubs for all your springtime barbecues.
How do I clean them?
- After every use, let your salt product cool completely to room temperature before cleaning.
- Trying to keep the salt bowl as dry as possible, scrub it with a damp scouring pad (no detergent) until all the food residue is removed. Wipe it clean with a damp cloth. Dry with a tea towel and store in a low moisture area, e.g. the lowest shelf of your pantry.
- Make sure your salt bowl is completely dry before you use it again.
- Antimicrobial properties means germs won’t survive!
Wipe with slightly damp cloth to clean and store dry. Yuur Himalayan Salt Bowl will last indefinitely.
Directions: Use as is, heat or keep in freezer.
Directions for Heating Bowl: Before the first use, be sure to heat our Himalayan Salt Bowl over low flame for roughly 7 minutes. Turn off the heat and allow to cool for 5 minutes. Heat the bowl again for 10 minutes then proceed to making your recipe. If you are using an electric range, place on a diffuser so the bowl isn’t touching the heating element (at least ½ inch above the stove).
Directions for Cold Bowl: Place bowl in freezer for 2-4 hours. Serve ice cream, fruit, cold deserts.